Allow me to offer my
    assistance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    iTrader Rating
    30 (100%)

Default Munchlax and Little Battles

<BLARG! I'M THE UBER OF THE LITTLE BATTLES!

There has been a pokemon difference between the Little Battle Ladder, and the Little Battle Gym, from what I can see. In the Little Battle Gym Rules found HERE, Munchlax is on the allowed pokemon list, however, in the Little Battle Ladder Rules, found HERE, Munchlax is not listed as one of the pokemon that is allowed.

My wonder is, shouldn't these two sets of rules both be the same; both banning or allowing munchlax. If one pokemon is banned on one list, shouldn't it be banned on the other, or vice versa?

I can see more reason why Munchlax should be banned in both the ladder and gym.

Munchlax has the highest level of HP, reaching a maximum of 14 with HP IVs of 30-31. However, with HP IVs of 0-29, it still reaches a whopping 13, which is found in very few other baby pokemon. This can keep Munchlax as healthy as a Meditite of 11 HP and 12 Attack (with Pure Power applied) with Drain Punch.

Munchlax can also pack quite a punch, as well. With Attack IVs of 30-31, this little-big guy can reach an attack stat of 7, which can make quite a difference in Little Battles. He also has access to a STABBED Return, which brings Return's maximum power level to 153. This kind of power is nye unreachable for any other pokemon that takes part in the Baby Battles, from what I can see. If a foe were to bring a Steel or Rock type to combat this fiend, Munchlax is also able to pack the move Brick Break, which could carry out a OHKO. If a foe were to bring a ghost type, or a ghost/poison with levitate, Munchlax has access to both the moves Zen-headbutt as well as Pursuit, which could also carry out a OHKO.

Munchlax can also act as a strong wall against special attackers, because, with Special Defense IVs of 30-31, Munchlax will have a Special Defense stat of 7, which, when combined with its HP stat of 14, can leave this pokemon practically impervious to special attacks.

There is only one major drawback about munchlax. It has the lowest base speed stat in the game. Even if this pokemon were to have a speed raising nature, and a 31 IV in Speed, the highest the stat could reach is 5. However, if another pokemon on one's team were to carry a move to paralyze the opposing team, Munchlax would have no trouble mauling that team.

The entire point of this thread is moreover to ban Munchlax altogether from the Little Battle Gym. I understand that I'm not one of the greatest writers when it comes to persuading my audience, but this is a major point that must be corrected. If Munchlax is banned in one area of the forum, it should be banned in all parts of the forum. The main thing that brought me to write this, is the idea of consistency. Either allow Munchlax to be used in the Little Battle Ladder, or ban Munchlax in the Gym System. It would be completely irrational to allow the UBER of Little Battles to be terrorizing the other babies.

All thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. Please, before adding your vote to the poll, would you please defend your reason. (as seen previously in a blog...however, with new points)

On a side note, I would like to bring up the point that Meditite is now banned from the Little Battle Gym, and that is allowed in the Little Battle Ladder. Isn't it supposed to be banned in both?
    Last edited by meeker; 07-29-2009 at 06:57 PM.
    From ashes we rise
    Fly we shall forever more
    Falling we shall not

Yay! I'm not the only one that highlights sigs for fun!
    ~~~Firemaster~~~

TBud Designs
    Pokemon X and Animal Crossing:
    New Leaf FC: 4699 6433 7485

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    iTrader Rating
    47 (100%)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: taterbud kate

Quote Originally Posted by meeker View Post
    All thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. Please, before adding your vote to the poll, would you please defend your reason. (as seen previously in a blog...however, with new points)
    I think it should be banned on both if it is banned in one or the other, only makes sense to have it done on both because then there won't be as many disputes whether or not it should be allowed.
    Last edited by Taterbud; 07-29-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Gym Leader
    Zzzzz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    iTrader Rating
    62 (100%)

That is only due to the fact that the people running the ladder and the person running the little battle gym are not the same and the updates have not been made on the ladder. Munchlax and Meditite were both discussed and I pointed out that Munchlax was not on the approved list and it was agreed that it should be. It was voted on and deemed that Meditite should be on the ban list and not on the allowed list.

If the list differed it should have been PM'd to a staff member so it all could be synced.

Also, doesn't Return is happiness based. Are you going to feed a Munchlax berries to make it happy and like you for the STAB bonus? A perfect Munchlax would have a stat line of 14 / 7 / 6 / 6 / 7 / 5. A Meditite with STABBED Drain Punch and 12 ATK would still do some good damage here. Yes it has the highest HP, but Bronzor hasbetter defensive stats. Happiny, Slowpoke, Igglybuff, Wynaut, Phanpy, Wailmer, & Drifloon have 13 HP as well. Every other Poké can have 12 HP except Combee, Mime Jr., Feebas, Meditite, Nincada, Ralts, Sunkern, Magikarp, Kabuto, Horsea, Ratatta, Abra, Staryu & Shieldon which can only max out at 11 HP. Munchlax has an HP advantage, but there are plenty of other Pokés that have certain advantages as well. There are 13 Pokés that max out at 7 SPD, should they be banned because they have advantage?
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 07-29-2009 at 08:49 PM.

FC: 1349 4674 3085

PokeFarm Blogger
    Allow me to offer my
    assistance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    iTrader Rating
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    That is only due to the fact that the people running the ladder and the person running the little battle gym are not the same and the updates have not been made on the ladder. Munchlax and Meditite were both discussed and I pointed out that Munchlax was not on the approved list and it was agreed that it should be. It was voted on and deemed that Meditite should be on the ban list and not on the allowed list.

If the list differed it should have been PM'd to a staff member so it all could be synched.
    I believe I did a long while back, but never heard any response. But now that you bring up these points, I guess there really is no reason to keep this thread alive. So, could someone this CLOSE please.
    From ashes we rise
    Fly we shall forever more
    Falling we shall not

Yay! I'm not the only one that highlights sigs for fun!
    ~~~Firemaster~~~