All I do now is breed for
    shinies. I have a problem. :p

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Credits
    iTrader Rating
    28 (100%)

Question ???Bad Egg???

Ive never gotten a bad egg and hopefully never will, but i have a question, what exactly do they do??? Ive read many things and havent really got a straight answer:/ (im just worried that i may have some subtle hacks and when i trade them to HG/SS, when i get em, theyll turn into bad eggs and destroy my hard work) Please Answer!!!!!!

Forge Gym Leader/Tournament Director Array Jhamin's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Credits
    iTrader Rating
    46 (100%)

When a Pokemon is traded to another game, it usually undergoes an internal check during the trade process to make sure all the binary settings (well, Hexadecimal, but that's beside the point) is consistant.

A really poorly done hack will not pass this consistancy check & will be marked as a Bad Egg when it reaches the new game. Sadly, "well done" hacks can sometimes pass these checks, so just being able to trade is not always a good way to ensure the legitimacy of a Pokemon.

So in other words, if a Pokemon comes across as a Bad Egg, not only is it a hack it is a pretty unskilled one. If you haven't been cheating, you should be fine.

Pokemon Trainer Student

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Credits
    iTrader Rating
    28 (100%)

Sweet, thank ya Jhamin! That really takes a load off me knowing my traded shinies (ive got them off the farm but im a little paranoid xD) wont come to be bad eggs when traded!

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Credits
    iTrader Rating
    32 (100%)

Try seeing hacks before. Because one horrible thing about them is they never ever hatch (without u no wat) and you can't release them. They are stuck in your game forever until u restart.

Pokemon Trainer Student

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Credits
    iTrader Rating
    28 (100%)

Oh i thought they corrupted your save file and MADE you restart. But couldnt i just trade it to my pearl version i dont use for long periods at a time anymore? (i just use it to train guys, trade em to plat when thyere done, then delete the file and start over) im almost sure all my pokes are legit though. (as i said im a little paranoid)

Ecruteak city throwing watermelons from the top of tin tower.
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Credits
    iTrader Rating

I've heard of peoples pokemon showing up as bad eggs when they copied their pokemon to PBR. No one is sure why it does this as many of the sain pokemon were normal. I do know that if it has more than 510 EVs it will show up as a bad egg but nothing else.
    Meet porygon-z. Porygon-z is awesome.

I heard u leik rotomz

I am currently looking for a timid misdreavus with nasty plot. If you have one and are willing to trade it please contact me via PM or Email.