Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Cursprise!

EPFL\Sr. Farmer\Admin Array Whitdjinn's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Halloween Cursprise!

Over the next few days, I will be gradually releasing information regarding my next event. I'm hoping to build some anticipation for the event, and give anyone who wants one of these masterful pokemon time to arrainge their availability. Without further ado....let's begin.

Day 1

Over the past few months Precious and I have been very busy keeping things going on the farm. Travels have also begun around the entire Johto region as there have been many more challengers in the area than normal. New children everywhere were either embarking on their first adventure through Johto, or they were taking another turn through the gyms to relive some old nostalgia.

On our various trips, the weather was turning cool and rain fell more and more often. Autumn was setting in faster than in previous years, and the days were getting shorter too.

Rumors had begun to circulate surounding one of the more peculiar travellers who was making his rounds through the Johto Gyms. The story goes something like this...

....It was a dark and stormy night when he came into town. A dark figure stood at the center of the plaza and released his most prized Pokemon. He stalked his way from building to building, peering into windows and doors until he came to the gym.

His Pokemon crouched low to the ground and waited, or so the story goes, until the moment was right. The dark figure nodded from inside the ratty hood on his head and his pokemon struck. The door flew into splinters. The assistant sitting at the desk jumped with fright as the rain poured in through the broken door.

The cloaked figure spoke...

"Upon the darkness and storm I ride...
    With underworldly gods by my side.

I come with power and win with ease...
    A lasting curse on you, all I leave.

'Fore Hallow's eve passes us by...
    All eight badges will be mine."

That is all we know for now. Hopefully the next few days of investigation will tell us more about this mysterious stranger and his pokemon.

Day 2

I wasn't able to uncover much else regarding the mysterious gym challenger, other than the fact that he was able to gain 2 badges already. The villiagers in the two towns only mentioned that the traveller stayed cloaked and was muttering something about vengeance or revenge. There were only a few clues I could gather in relation to the stranger's pokemon...

(Moveset Clues)
    • The pokemon was also bent on revenge against its former trainer.
    • The pokemon wished that its former trainer would feel the pain that the pokemon felt, and that helped it survive..
    • The pokemon was angry with its former trainer for not being able to protect it.
    • The pokemon only knew one way to try and avenge the abuse - a curse known only by its current trainer, our mysterious gym challenger.

This was becoming more mysterious and more interesting by the hour!! I must know more!! Precious and I will venture to the next town to try and catch up with our mystery man and let you all know what we find.

Day 3

After much thought, and help from Psykick, we were able to determine that the rumors we heard yesterday had to do with the moves the stranger's pokemon knew. Using our expansive knowledge of pokemon breeding capabilities and movesets, we were able to determine the species as well. That didn't help us as much as we thought when it came to catching up with the dark figure. On our way back to Blackthorn City, We had a tip that would be where our challenger would make his fifth appearance at a gym. Ironically it was also near our home so we stopped by the farm for a good night of rest before approaching our stranger.

We were awoken in the middle of the night as a crash came from out in the barn. I ran to the barn door where I could see flashes of light coming from inside. As I looked inside I saw him. A cloaked figure was hunched over a pokemon who appeared to be in great pain. All of the pokemon who lived in our barn were gathered around giving looks of great concern.

"What's happening?" I asked.

The figure turned with a start, I had obviously startled him. I then saw the dirty face of a boy...a scared boy. "I....I....I don't know what's happening to him, he wasn't himself in our last battle and tonight he just started howling."

"Let me take a look," I answered as moved in for a closer look. What I saw was a familiar sight to me. This pokemon had been bred and was feeling the birth of his children. It was an odd experience for the male, when it happened. But what really surprised me is what I saw next. Psykick was there, surrounded by seven babies, freshly hatched! How could this be? That didn't matter anymore, it was done. I explained what had happened to the boy, and he comforted his pokemon as the flashes and tremors settled down.

"I have a favor to ask you," The boy said. "I need to continue on my quest to win the Johto badges, and I don't have the knowledge to train all of these babies at once and it looks like you have a nice farm setup here. Can I trust you with them?"

I nodded my head and made him a promise that day. "I do a very specific thing here, My pokemon and I train the hatchlings into battling aces and then provide them to people who can meet a challenge. I find that it makes sure the pokemon go to worthy trainers who have the commitment to excellence that I do. I will do the same with them."

The boy nodded, took one of the hatchlings and headed out of the barn. As he reached the door, he turned around, pulled his cloak back over his head and said two simple words, "Thank you"

The Event

So the time has come, and the offspring of Psykick and the stranger's pokemon have been trained and evolved to be spitting images of their father. They are now ready to be picked up by their new owners. In order to acquire one of these chosen few, you will need to complete a small challenge first. Here are the trivia questions for this event:

Question 1

What species of pokemon is being offered? (Yes, there is enough information above, and on Pokefarm to determine this with 100% accuracy)

Question 2

What is the full moveset of the pokemon being offered? (Again, full information is above, and figuring this out will probably make it much easier to determine the speices)

Question 3

Halloween has its roots as an ancient religious festival. Which religion, and what was the name of the festival?

Question 4 (Shameless self promotion)

Who provides the top notch EV trained pokemon on pokefarm in events that happen way less often than they should?

The rules:

Here are the Rules for the event today's 'Halloween Cursprise' event.

1. Answers should be submitted via PM to me.
    2. You will need correct answers to all questions to win a pokemon.
    3. If your answers are not entirely correct the first time, I will PM you how many questions you have correct, you are free to try a 2nd time.
    4. If your answers are not entirely correct the second time, I will PM you which questions you have wrong, you are free to try a 3rd time.
    5. If your answers are not entirely correct the third attempt, unfortunately the contest will be over for you.
    6. The event will continue until all 5 Mystery Pokemon are won.
    7. Please do not post any answers into this thread, I will be announcing winners as they come in.
    8. Pokemon can be picked up after the event is completely finished, Unless I PM you otherwise.

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by Whitdjinn; 10-17-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Updated with information we were able to uncover on Day 2.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Kiwi's Avatar

Sounds spooky, I have an idea about what the pokemon could be, but the trainer part is confusing me. :S

Well, you certainy are buiding up some anticipation.. I can't wait till Halloween.

Crypt Gym Secretary Array pikaluva13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*edits in case this is going against the below post*
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 10-17-2009 at 11:33 AM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

The last story peice is up. Please do not post any guesses for the species/moveset here, as that will be integral to the trivia questions asked.

Blog Entries

The event is open!!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Matt42's Avatar

Yay!! Cant wait to answer

Blog Entries

and Pikaluva13 has won the first Pokemon.

Since they're all named after various Underworld Gods, he has chosen the only female - Nyx.

Crypt Gym Secretary Array pikaluva13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whitdjinn View Post
    and Pikaluva13 has won the first Pokemon.

Since they're all named after various Underworld Gods, he has chosen the only female - Nyx.
    man...i'd never have gotten one of these unless i hadn't researched beforehand... this was hard! Great Event as usual Whit!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

Just a note, remember that all pokemon of mine that I mention in the story are actual pokemon that I have trained and use from time to time...